AADSM Guidelines Archive
The AADSM strives to provide the dental sleep medicine field with up-to-date information and guidance. Accordingly, an annual review of policy and position papers is conducted to ensure that papers more than five years old remain congruent with DSM literature and best practices. When more current guidance is available, papers are archived below. The content on this page is not updated and may contain broken links.
- Oral Appliance Therapy Should be Prescribed as a First-Line Therapy for OSA during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Schwartz D, Addy N, Levine M, Smith H. Oral appliance therapy should be prescribed as a first-line therapy for OSA during the COVID-19 pandemic. J Dent Sleep Med. 2020;7(3).
- Treatment Complications: Notes from the Fall 2009 Advanced Course in Oral Appliance Therapy
- Katz S, Pancer J, Dort L. Treatment Complications: Notes from the Fall 2009 Advanced Course in Oral Appliance Therapy. Dialogue. 2010.
- Clinical Practice Guideline for Oral Appliance Therapy (2015)
- Ramar K, Dort LC, Katz SG, Lettieri CJ, Harrod CG, Thomas SM, Chervin RD. Clinical practice guideline for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea and snoring with oral appliance therapy: an update for 2015. Journal of Dental Sleep Medicine 2015;2(3):71– 125.
- AADSM Treatment Protocol: Oral Appliance Therapy for Sleep Disordered Breathing
- AADSM Board of Directors. AADSM Treatment Protocol: Oral Appliance Therapy for Sleep Disordered Breathing. 2013. https://aadsm.org/docs/Treatment_Protocol_FINAL.pdf
To view a list of current AADSM guidance, please view the Guidelines webpage.