Renew the Qualified Dentist Designation
Maintenance of the AADSM's Qualified Dentist designation requires renewal every two years. The AADSM will notify qualified dentists via email in advance of their renewal deadline. When it is time to renew, click the button below to submit a renewal application.
|Renewal Fee ($100 for AADSM Members; $350 for Non-Members|
Current Dental License
Current Professional Liability Insurance
|15 Hours Recognized CE (ADA CERP or AGD PACE) in Dental Sleep Medicine|
Diplomates of the ABDSM maintain the AADSM Qualified Dentist designation without expiration or renewal as long as they remain in good standing with the ABDSM.
Within the two years prior to renewal, qualified dentists must have obtained a total of 15 hours of recognized CE (ADA CERP or AGD PACE) in dental sleep medicine earned from any provider.
The following documentation is required for all CE being used for the renewal application:
- A letter or certificate verifying participation in the course; transcripts are not accepted
- A detailed agenda or list of course objectives to serve as verification that the course content was in dental sleep medicine
- NEW: The AADSM now accepts up to 50% of the required CE for renewal of the Qualified Dentist designation to come from credits in practice management, coding, or billing for dental sleep medicine.
- Online or self-mediated CE as well as in-person CE
- CE from any course provider as long as it meets all other requirements set forth here
- All credits must be in based in dental sleep medicine
- The qualified dentist applying for renewal of the designation must be the participant of educational offering
- Up to 50% of the required CE for renewal of the Qualified Dentist designation to come from credits earned by lecturing and/or authoring educational activities. The remaining CE credits must be earned by participating in educational activities as a learner. To use CE from lecturing or authoring, refer to the following information.
- Each hour of lecture is accepted as equivalent to one CE credit.
- The material must have been presented within the two years prior to renewal and repeated presentations of the same material will not be accepted.
- Only presentations on dental sleep medicine topics in ADA CERP or AGD PACE recognized programs will be accepted.
- Submit a letter from the course sponsor or provider that verifies you as the presenter along with the date and title of the presentation.
- Articles on dental sleep medicine topics published in peer-reviewed journals are accepted as equivalent to two CE credits.
- Articles must be published within the two years prior to renewal.
- Any of the article's authors may use the article to meet Qualified Dentist renewal requirements.
- Include a link to the article that verifies your role as author as well as the article's publication date.
- Book chapters on dental sleep medicine topics are accepted as equivalent to four CE credits.
- Books must be published within the two years prior to renewal.
- Any of the chapter's authors or editors may use the chapter to meet Qualified Dentist renewal requirements.
- Include a link to the book that verifies your role as author or editor as well as the book's publication date.
What is Considered Unacceptable CE