Virtual Board Review Course
The Virtual Board Review Course is an organized overview of dental sleep medicine and sleep medicine. Material is presented through eight hours of a pre-recorded question and answer format for the purpose of preparing dentist candidates for the ABDSM examination. The course is taught by an expert faculty at the forefront of sleep medicine and dental sleep medicine. Topics covered mirror ABDSM examination content areas. A two-hour, live Q&A session with all faculty is also included in the course.Register
*Access to course content will be provided beginning April 3, 2023.
Aaron Glick, DDS
Topics and Speakers:
- Fundamentals of Sleep and Sleep Disorders - Amy Schell, MD
- TMD and OAT; Telemedicine for OAT; Gender and OSA - Subha Giri, BDS, MS, FAAOP
- OAT: From Delivery to Long Term Follow-up; Levels of Evidence - Aaron Glick, DDS
- OAT: From Impressions to Device Fabrication - David Flamenco, DDS
- OAT: Screening to Start of Treatment - Lisa Gallucci, DMD
- Pediatrics and OSA; OAT: Dental Side Effects - Maria Therese Galang-Boquiren, DMD, MS
Upon completion of the course, participant will be able to:
- Understand the variety and scope of ABDSM certification examination content areas
- Identify sleep medicine and dental sleep medicine subject matter that may warrant more focused review or study
- Better recall evidence-based literature that supports dental sleep medicine clinical practice
- Gain confidence in comprehension of critical sleep medicine content areas such as sleep physiology and pathophysiology, comorbidities and consequences of sleep disorder breathing, sleep testing and alternative treatments.
- Be better prepared to answer examination question related to all aspects of screening and treating patients with sleep related breathing disorders using oral appliance therapy
Live Q&A Session
This course includes a live, two-hour question and answer session that will take place on June 17, 2023, where faculty answered questions from attendees. A recording of the live session is included with the course.
| AADSM Active-duty|
This self-instructional, electronically mediated continuing education activity is conducted through pre-recorded lectures, a virtual, live Q&A session and supporting articles.
Continuing EducationThe AADSM is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The AADSM designates this activity for a total of 10.0 continuing education credits.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All registrations are final; no refunds will be provided.
The AADSM reserves the right to cancel a course and provide a full refund should conditions warrant. The refund will only include the cost of registration for the course.Refunds will not be applied to the original payment source (i.e., credit card). Any refunds processed by the AADSM will be paid by check to individuals in the US (or e-payment to individuals who chose to set up an account in Bill.com) and by wire transfer to individuals outside of the US.
Any opinion expressed or communicated regarding any product, device or appliance during an AADSM educational program is solely the opinion of the individual(s) expressing or communicating that opinion, and not that of the AADSM.
The AADSM does not endorse or recommend any products or services. The AADSM does not review, investigate, or otherwise approve the quality, type, message, nature, or value of any product or service discussed in the course and assumes no liability of any kind for any verbal or written information provided by speakers or attendees. We encourage you to conduct your own independent research to verify and investigate any company prior to purchasing its products or services. Please consult your own professional legal, financial and medical advisors for advice concerning any products or services discussed.
As a result, AADSM disclaims any warranty or guarantee about the performance of any recommended product, device or service. AADSM provides a forum for the discussion of best practices in the field, but participants agree by attendance at AADSM events that AADSM has no liability or responsibility for any clinical or other outcomes from the matters discussed at their meetings.
The AADSM cautions participants about the potential risks of using limited knowledge when incorporating techniques and procedures into practice when they have not had supervised clinical experience or demonstrated competency.
AADSM Code of Conduct
Please click here to review the AADSM’s official guidelines and requirements for behavior in an AADSM meeting. All course participants must observe all AADSM standards at all times. Violations of this code are taken seriously and may in the sole discretion of AADSM to actions including, but not limited to ending the participation in a course or future AADSM meetings or trainings.
For questions, contact Megan Scanlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.