Virtual Board Review Course
The Virtual Board Review Course is an organized overview of dental sleep medicine and sleep medicine. Material is presented through eight hours of a pre-recorded question and answer format for the purpose of preparing dentist candidates for the ABDSM examination. The course is taught by an expert faculty at the forefront of sleep medicine and dental sleep medicine. Topics covered mirror ABDSM examination content areas. A two-hour, live Q&A session with all faculty is also included in the course.
Note: Access to the Virtual Board Review Course is not immediate upon registering. Please allow up to 1 business day to receive emailed instructions on how to access the course in the AADSM Online Learning Center.
Donald Dahlin, DDS
Topics and Speakers:
- Sleep and Sleep-Disordered Breathing - Amy Schell, MD
- Screening and Management of Adult SDB - Donald Dahlin, DDS
- Mandibular Advancement Devices (MAD) for OSA Patients - Shelley Shults, DDS, MSN-APRN
- Pediatric SDB, Occlusal Changes, and Evidence-Based Practice - Girish Bharwani, DDS
Upon completion of the course, participant will be able to:
- Understand the variety and scope of ABDSM certification examination content areas
- Identify sleep medicine and dental sleep medicine subject matter that may warrant more focused review or study
- Better recall evidence-based literature that supports dental sleep medicine clinical practice
- Gain confidence in comprehension of critical sleep medicine content areas such as sleep physiology and pathophysiology, comorbidities and consequences of sleep disorder breathing, sleep testing and alternative treatments.
- Be better prepared to answer examination question related to all aspects of screening and treating patients with sleep related breathing disorders using oral appliance therapy
Live Q&A Session
This course included a live, two-hour question and answer session that took place in April 2022, where faculty answered questions from attendees. A recording of the live session is included with the course.
Speaker Bios & COI Disclosures
| AADSM Active-duty|
This course is self-instructional continuing education activity, conducted through recorded lectures and supporting articles.
Continuing EducationThe AADSM is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The AADSM designates this activity for a total of 10.0 continuing education credits.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
To cancel a registration, written notification must be submitted to the AADSM at email@example.com. A $50.00 administrative fee will be withheld on cancellations postmarked on or prior to December 24, 2021. After December 24, 2021, no refunds will be available.
The AADSM reserves the right to cancel a course and provide a full refund should conditions warrant. The refund will only include the cost of registration for the course.
Refunds will not be applied to the original payment source (i.e., credit card). Any refunds processed by the AADSM will be paid by check to individuals in the US (or e-payment to individuals who chose to set up an account in Bill.com) and by wire transfer to individuals outside of the US.
The American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) does not endorse any products, devices or appliances. Therefore, the use, mention or depiction of any product, device, or appliance during an AADSM educational program shall not be interpreted as an endorsement, recommendation or preference by the AADSM. Any opinion expressed or communicated regarding any product, device or appliance during an AADSM educational program is solely the opinion of the individual(s) expressing or communicating that opinion, and not that of the AADSM.
The AADSM cautions participants about the potential risks of using limited knowledge when incorporating techniques and procedures into practice when they have not had supervised clinical experience or demonstrated competency.
For questions, contact Megan Scanlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.