Annual Meeting Policies and Disclaimers
Registrations will not be processed unless accompanied by payment in full. Registration forms that are incomplete or do not include full payment will be returned. If you are paying by check or international money order, please note that all payments must be made in U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. bank. Credit cards accepted include Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
ConfirmationAfter registering for the 2024 AADSM Annual Meeting, a confirmation email will be sent from the AADSM. It is recommended that you bring your confirmation email with you to the meeting. This will allow you to pick up your registration materials by using ExpressPass®. If there are any questions or discrepancies with your registration, the confirmation email will provide the information necessary to quickly resolve the issue.
CancellationNotification of cancellation must be submitted in writing to the AADSM national office at firstname.lastname@example.org. A $50.00 administrative fee will be withheld on the cancellation postmarked on or before April 26, 2024. Refunds are not possible after this date. If you are registered for the meeting and do not attend, you will not be provided a refund.
RefundsRefunds will be applied to the original payment source (i.e., credit card, check). Any refunds applied via check will be processed by the AADSM to individuals in the US (or e-payment to individuals who chose to set up an account in Bill.com) and by wire transfer to individuals outside of the US.
- Member: To register as a member, the registrant must currently be an individual member of the AADSM. If the AADSM is unable to confirm that the individual is a member, the AADSM will register the individual as a nonmember at the prevailing nonmember fees.
- Student Member: To register as a student member, the registrant must currently be a student member of the AADSM. If the AADSM is unable to confirm that the individual is a student member, the AADSM will register the individual as a nonmember at the prevailing nonmember fees.
- Dental Team Member: To register as an AADSM dental team member, the registrant must currently be an individual member of the AADSM. If the AADSM is unable to confirm that the individual is a member, the AADSM will register the individual as a nonmember at the prevailing fees.
- Federal Service Member: To register as a federal service member, the registrant must currently be a federal service member of the AADSM. If the AADSM is unable to confirm that the individual is a federal service member, the AADSM will register the individual as a nonmember at the prevailing nonmember fees.
- Nonmember: If you are not an individual member of the AADSM and would like to become a member and save on your registration, please complete the membership application at www.aadsm.org/membership.php. For more information regarding AADSM membership, contact the AADSM at (630) 686-9875.
ParticipationThe AADSM, its contractors and attending news media may be photographing or videotaping, scientific sessions and events at the Annual Meeting. By attending the 2024 AADSM Annual Meeting, attendees acknowledge these activities and agree to allow their image to be used by the AADSM in association publications, on the AADSM website and in marketing and promotional materials. Attendees at the 2024 AADSM Annual Meeting waive all claims against the AADSM for any liability resulting from these uses.
Photography/Recording PolicyPhotography and/or recording of any kind (other than by the AADSM or registered press approved by the AADSM) of sessions, speakers and the exhibit hall is strictly prohibited. No cameras will be allowed on the exhibit floor or in the meeting rooms at any time. Violation of this rule could result in the confiscation of the film or recording device and removal of individual from the meeting.
The hotel group rate includes a rebate back to the AADSM.
EndorsementAny opinion expressed or communicated regarding any product, device or appliance during an AADSM educational program is solely the opinion of the individual(s) expressing or communicating that opinion, and not that of the AADSM.
The AADSM does not endorse or recommend any products or services. The AADSM does not review, investigate, or otherwise approve the quality, type, message, nature, or value of any product or service discussed in the course and assumes no liability of any kind for any verbal or written information provided by speakers or attendees. We encourage you to conduct your own independent research to verify and investigate any company prior to purchasing its products or services. Please consult your own professional legal, financial and medical advisors for advice concerning any products or services discussed.
As a result, AADSM disclaims any warranty or guarantee about the performance of any recommended product, device or service. AADSM provides a forum for the discussion of best practices in the field, but participants agree by attendance at AADSM events that AADSM has no liability or responsibility for any clinical or other outcomes from the matters discussed at their meetings.
The AADSM cautions participants about the potential risks of using limited knowledge when incorporating techniques and procedures into practice when they have not had supervised clinical experience or demonstrated competency.
Industry SupportWhile the AADSM appreciates the support of the exhibiting companies, it does not endorse or recommend any products, services, or educational offerings provided by exhibitors or through industry supported events held at the AADSM Annual Meeting.
The exhibit hall is simply available as a convenience for attendees who may want to learn more or compare various products, services or educational offerings. The AADSM does not review, investigate, or otherwise approve, the quality, type, message, nature, or value of any product or service marketed by exhibitors. We encourage you to conduct your own independent research.
AADSM Code of ConductPlease click here to review the AADSM’s official guidelines and requirements for behavior in an AADSM meeting. All course participants must observe all AADSM standards at all times. Violations of this code are taken seriously and may in the sole discretion of AADSM to actions including, but not limited to ending the participation in a course or future AADSM meetings or trainings.
To register as a member, the registrant must currently be an individual member of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine. If the AADSM is unable to confirm that the individual is a member, the AADSM will register the individual as a nonmember for all sessions at the prevailing fees. To become a member and take advantage of the membership benefits, you must apply for membership prior to the time of submission of your AADSM Annual Meeting registration form. Membership applications are available at aadsm.org.
Back to Annual Meeting Homepage