Advanced DSM Course
October 19-20, 2019This course is sold out. If you would like to add your name to the waiting list, please email Rose Zuniga at email@example.com.
Don Farquhar, DDS
Tanya Al-Talib, DDS
Topics and Speakers:
- Medications and Their Impact on OSA (Scott Williams, MD)
- Understanding PSG Reports and Their Treatment Implications (Jonathan Lown, MD)
- Review of HSAT: Advantages and Limitations (Jonathan Lown, MD)
- Aging, Dementia and OSA (Don Farquhar, DDS)
- Digital Workflow in OAT Clinical Practice (Shouresh Charkhandeh, DDS)
- Co-morbid Sleep Diagnoses/Conditions that Impact OAT Outcomes (Scott Williams, MD)
- Remote-controlled Mandibular Positioner: Development and Future (Shouresh Charkhandeh, DDS)
- Using Scientific Research for Evidence-based Clinical Practice (Rose Sheats, DMD, MPH)
- Update on Pediatric OSA (Rose Sheats, DMD, MPH)
- 3D Imaging: CBCT and OSA (Tanya Al-Talib, DDS)
- TMJ for OAT Providers (Subha Giri, BDS, MS)
- Managing OAT-triggered TMD (Subha Giri, BDS, MS)
- Saturday 8:00am - 5:30pm
- Sunday 8:00am - 1:15pm
Grand Hyatt Washington
1000 H Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
Rate: $209, until September 20, 2019, or until room block sells out.
Reservations: Book online or call 888-591-1234 and refer to “AADSM Course”.
Course Registration Rates:
|AADSM Active Duty Military Member||$225**|
|AADSM Student Member||$625|
|Staff of AADSM Member||$725|
|Staff of Non-Member||$825|
**This rate is only available to those who are Active-duty Military Members of the AADSM. If you are active-duty military and want to become a member of the AADSM, download the application for Active-duty Military Membership.
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport: 5 miles from hotel
- Dulles International Airport: 27 miles from hotel
- Union Station: 2 miles from hotel
To cancel a registration, written notification must be submitted to Rose Zuniga, Education Assistant, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. A $50.00 administrative fee will be withheld on cancellations postmarked by September 27, 2019. After this date, no refunds will be available. Refunds are not provided to no-shows. The AADSM reserves the right to cancel a course and provide full refunds should conditions warrant. The refunds will only include the cost of registration for the course.
Weather Cancellation Policy:
In the event that a registrant is unable to attend a course due to severe weather forcing airline cancellations or airport closures, the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine will apply 50 percent of the individual’s registration fees toward another AADSM course (excluding the AADSM Annual Meeting) held within 12 months. Registrants will need to provide documentation from the airport or airline confirming the inability to travel due to severe weather within 30 days following the course. The American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine will not apply this policy to the AADSM Annual Meeting, as the length and nature of the meeting allows for registrants to attend a portion of the event regardless of severe weather.
Refunds will not be applied to the original payment source (i.e., credit card). Any refunds processed by the AADSM will be paid by check to individuals in the US (or e-payment to individuals who chose to set up an account in Bill.com) and by wire transfer to individuals outside of the US.
Confirmation and Registration Disclaimer:
Registration is limited. Please register early. Confirmation letters will be sent via email within one week of receipt of mailed or faxed-in registration forms and payment. All attendees must preregister; on-site registration will not be accepted. The AADSM will not be held liable if an individual purchases an airline ticket before receiving confirmation of registration for a course.
Photography and/or recording of any kind (other than by the AADSM) of sessions or speakers is strictly prohibited. No cameras or recording devices will be allowed in the meeting rooms at any time. Violation of this rule could result in the confiscation of the film or recording device and removal of the individual from the meeting.
The AADSM is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The AADSM designates this course for 13 continuing education credits.
For questions, contact Rose Zuniga at email@example.com or 630-686-1470.